What makes Pakasai Resort Krabi’s Greenest Resort?
The first resort in Krabi to offer low carbon accommodations, activities, packages and green meeting services to guests, and the first to be presented with ASEAN Green Hotel Award 2014. The resort green credentials has been certified by Green Leaf Standard for ASEAN, an Internationally criteria for hotels with positive environmental actions.
Embrace rush green garden, reserved original homeland tree, Pakasai Resort’s guest rooms building is designed as cluster house called “Chalet”.
- Minimizing impact on surrounding ecosystems and water resources
- Whilst maximizing the use of open air spaces
- Gain natural lighting
- Fresh air ventilation
- Avoid cutting down the trees
Green effort includes sustainable operating practices through efficient use of energy and natural resources, recovery of grey water for in-room flushing system and green space, reducing carbon emission through waste minimization program and collaboration with the local community and local organizations. The hotel’s green committee meets weekly to discuss and ensure that their operation is up to the standard and considerably cause low impact to environmental and improving.
Here are a few things we like to share:
- We are able to save at least 70 kg of amenities product plastic bottle each year since 2011 by replacing them with refillable container.
- Our Housekeeping only use100% Eco friendly product for room cleaning
- Resort Garbage bank has provided funding on water tank for local village and sustainable community in the area. You too can get involve by joining our recycle program.
Moving forward to greener future, Pakasai resort has been selected to join Zero Carbon resorts project, which is funded by the European Union’s SWITCH-ASIA program. The project aims to develop sustainable tourism with a focus on reduction of CO2 emission from hospitality services.
Rest assured that whilst you enjoy the comfort of our 4 star hotel, you are also making a difference that can be quantified into real environmental savings per night.