When thinking about your next vacation destination, consider a visit to Thailand, and experience its white-sand beaches, majestic temples, and other natural wonders. You won’t get disappointed with what Thailand has to offer, and the sheer abundance of their attractions will leave you wanting to come back for more.
Aside from the capital city Bangkok, you can explore Chiang Mai to the north and Phuket to the south. However, don’t miss out on Krabi, especially if you enjoy lush jungles and island hopping adventures. Its mangrove forests and limestone formations will leave you breathless. Krabi is a tropical paradise that is worth the visit, and you’ll surely be able to convince your friends or family members to take the trip as well.
How to get there?
Krabi is on the southwest coast of Thailand, around 800 kilometers away from Bangkok and 170 kilometers from Phuket. Traveling by air is the fastest route, and there are 20 daily flights from Bangkok to Krabi, which lasts for about 80 minutes. There are also two flights per day from Chiang Mai and one from Koh Samui daily.
If you like to experience more of Thailand’s countryside, you can take a 12-hour bus ride from Bangkok’s Southern Terminal to Krabi. There are also bus rides to Krabi from Phuket, Koh Samui, and Trang. Likewise, you can take a train from Bangkok to Surat Thani before taking a three-hour bus ride from there to Krabi.
When is the best time to visit?
November to March is the best time to visit because of the fair weather and clear sky. However, this is also the peak season, which means that more tourists flock to Krabi’s beaches. Likewise, April and May are the hottest and most humid months because it is just before the rainy season.
On the other hand, June to October is the rainy season, but Krabi rarely experiences consecutive days of heavy rainfall. Prices are low during these months, making it an appealing time to visit for budget travelers.
Best Krabi activities for couples
Krabi is always a part of any best beach destinations in Thailand list due to its coral reefs, limestone karst formations, and captivating beaches. These natural templates provide an unforgettable experience for couples who are planning for their wedding or are visiting for their honeymoon. Regardless of the reason for your visit, you and your partner will enjoy these activities.
1. Cruising to the sunset – There’s nothing more romantic than riding a traditional longtail boat and sipping cocktails while witnessing the sunset. As the sunlight fades and provides vibrant hues at the horizon, you can stop at one or two diving locations to explore the abundant marine life beneath the clear water.
2. No flak for the kayak – Riding the kayak allows you to explore more of Krabi’s caves and coastal ecosystems. You can kayak to the narrow canals and mangroves of Ao Thalane or the ancient limestone caves of Bor Thor. If you have more time, you can head to Kor Hong Island to witness its mesmerizing lagoon.
3. Take the way to Railay – This peninsula is only accessible by boat because the side connecting it to the Thai mainland features limestone cliffs that cut it from the roads. The emerald green water of Railay invites you to take a dip while the palm trees provide shade against the sun. The world-class beaches in this secluded place are ideal for couples.
4. Climb the rocks – Make the most of your Railay visit by scaling the rocky cliffs that attract enthusiasts from around the world. You need not worry about your climbing skills because you can take one-day or three-day courses to equip you with confidence for the adventure. Guides will accompany you to keep you safe as well.
5. Enjoy the party – Ao Nang Beach is the perfect destination for the vibrant nightlife in Krabi. The area houses several bars that sell refreshing cocktail drinks and blaze party music through their speakers. Ao Nang Center Point, Full Moon Bar, and Sabina Nightclub are some of the more popular nightspots at the beach. If you want a more sophisticated night out, Hilltop or Last Fisherman are the places to go.
6. Experience a natural hot tub – Dip into natural hot springs that are located about 70 kilometers south of the town. This mineral-rich water that comes from thermal springs has a temperature range that is ideal for relaxation. Take a plunge into these healthy tubs while peeking into the blue sky.
Your relaxing abode in Krabi
After a day of experiencing these activities, it’s best to stay at the Pakasai Resort and continue your romantic vacation. Their spacious and well-designed rooms will entice you to leave your worries for a while. Meanwhile, you can enjoy delectable dishes from Dalah Restaurant and get a soothing treatment at Adora Spa.
If you’re looking to visit Krabi – book at Pakasai Resort today! We’re a boutique resort in Krabi. Get in touch with us today to see how we can help.