What makes Pakasai Resort Krabi's Greenest Resort ?
The first resort in Krabi to offer low carbon accommodations, activities, packages and green meeting services to guests, and the first to be presented with ASEAN Green Hotel Award 2014. The resort green credentials has been certified by Green Leaf Standard for ASEAN, an Internationally criteria for hotels with positive environmental actions.
Embrace rush green garden, reserved original homeland tree, Pakasai Resort’s guest rooms building is designed as cluster house called "Chalet"
- • Minimizing impact on surrounding ecosystems and water resources
- • Whilst maximizing the use of open air spaces
- • Gain natural lighting
- • Fresh air ventilation
- • Avoid cutting down the trees
Green effort includes sustainable operating practices through efficient use of energy and natural resources, recovery of grey water for in-room flushing system and green space, reducing carbon emission through waste minimization program and collaboration with the local community and local organizations. The hotel’s green committee meets weekly to discuss and ensure that their operation is up to the standard and considerably cause low impact to environmental and improving.
Here are a few things we like to share :
- • We are able to save at least 70 kg of amenities product plastic bottle each year since 2011 by replacing them with refillable container.
- • Our Housekeeping only use100% Eco friendly product for room cleaning
- • Resort Garbage bank has provided funding on water tank for local village and sustainable community in the area. You too can get involve by joining our recycle program.
Moving forward to greener future, Pakasai resort has been selected to join Zero Carbon resorts project, which is funded by the European Union's SWITCH-ASIA program. The project aims to develop sustainable tourism with a focus on reduction of CO2 emission from hospitality services.
Rest assured that whilst you enjoy the comfort of our 4 star hotel, you are also making a difference that can be quantified into real environmental savings per night.
Krabi’s first low carbon accommodation, features its uniqueness with Green service, ranges from locally made in-room amenities, low energy consumption appliances. Only nontoxic uses in cleaning and recovery of grey water for flushing and plant irrigation, to minimize environment impact. Green Chalet service is an innovation in ecotourism to give back to the community and nature.
- • Energy efficient light - lighting is controlled by occupancy sensors or light sensors & all light bulbs are LED & energy saving bulbs.
- • Biogas production
- • Rainwater capture
- • Low flow water fitting
- • Grey water recycling system
- • Organic kitchen herbs
- • Farm contract
- • Eco-friendly linen
- • Eco-friendly cleaning supply (bio-degradable)
- • Eco amenity
- • Local minibar
- • Bio-compost fertilizer - green waste (leaves and food waste)
- • Guest incentive - guests are encouraged to make their stay even greener, by joining #GreeningPakasai campaign
- • Green meeting
- • Green training
- • Carbon offsetting
- • Eco activity - bike / tour & rent, low carbon excursion
You too can join us by
1. Using joint shuttle transfer service to reduce carbon emission, to receive cash coupon at 100 THB to enjoy service at resort’s restaurant and bar
2. Choosing low-carbon menu from local grown ingredients, to receive complimentary non-alcohol drink.
3. Reusing bed linen to reducing water polluted, to receive a token entitle for complimentary fruit juice.
4. Joining eco cycling program to explore local community to support sustainability tourism, to receive cash coupon at 100 THB to enjoy service at resort’s restaurant and bar
Sharing social media posts (via facebook, twitter or Instagram) with hashtag #GreeningPakasai when participate in resort’s green services and activities to share your green contribution.